Swift 5 and Xcode 10.2 have been released!
Here's how it's going to impact developers' lives:
- ABI Stability (All future versions of Swift will be binary compatible)
- App thinning (smaller app size)
- Powerful Swift standard library
- Powerful Swift package manager
- Powerful Swift compiler
What's new in Swiftify:
- Support for future enum cases
- Updated method, enum, struct and class names for Swift 5, iOS 12.2, macOS Mojave 10.14.4, watchOS 5.2 and tvOS 12.2
If you are still using Objective-C, then it is the right time to Swiftify.
For those still using Swift 4.2, you can still choose between Swift 4.2 and 5 in both the online and updated versions of Swiftify for Xcode and the AppCode plugin.
Swift 5.1 would bring in Module Format Stability which would facilitate distributing binary frameworks written in Swift.